Getting ready to leave...
Completed tasks on my to-do list: 23
Remaining tasks on my to-do list: 3
1. Buy last minute supplies (guide books, batteries, gifts for people I'll be staying with)
2. Pack
3. Say good-bye
Things I've learned in the past two weeks:
1. If something is 90% good, don't try to make it better. You might end up making it worse.
2. Always get the name of the customer service representative you speak to on the phone.
3. Exhale. It feels really good.
So with most of my to-do list checked off (including taking the GRE!), I'm left with the final preparations for my move. I tend to dwell too much on all the "lasts" in a place: last lap in the pool, last Saturday night out, last T ride, last kiss. I guess I like to remember the lasts like I remember the firsts.
Remembering how tiring it was traveling for 3 weeks straight in Europe last year, I'm preparing myself for a busy month. I leave Tuesday for Mexico City, spend the night there, then head to Costa Rica for 4 weeks. Then it's back to Mexico City for 4 days, and (finally) to Cuernavaca on August 25. Lots of airplanes, packing and unpacking, hellos and good-byes. I think I will be very glad to settle in Cuernavaca for a while.
Since my adventure hasn't really started yet, I'll cut this short. Just a preparatory post to give you guys something to read until I can post some pictures and stories of weird foods and crazy people. Hmmm, traveling...
Remaining tasks on my to-do list: 3
1. Buy last minute supplies (guide books, batteries, gifts for people I'll be staying with)
2. Pack
3. Say good-bye
Things I've learned in the past two weeks:
1. If something is 90% good, don't try to make it better. You might end up making it worse.
2. Always get the name of the customer service representative you speak to on the phone.
3. Exhale. It feels really good.
So with most of my to-do list checked off (including taking the GRE!), I'm left with the final preparations for my move. I tend to dwell too much on all the "lasts" in a place: last lap in the pool, last Saturday night out, last T ride, last kiss. I guess I like to remember the lasts like I remember the firsts.
Remembering how tiring it was traveling for 3 weeks straight in Europe last year, I'm preparing myself for a busy month. I leave Tuesday for Mexico City, spend the night there, then head to Costa Rica for 4 weeks. Then it's back to Mexico City for 4 days, and (finally) to Cuernavaca on August 25. Lots of airplanes, packing and unpacking, hellos and good-byes. I think I will be very glad to settle in Cuernavaca for a while.
Since my adventure hasn't really started yet, I'll cut this short. Just a preparatory post to give you guys something to read until I can post some pictures and stories of weird foods and crazy people. Hmmm, traveling...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home